Gary Petersen fo Country Keepers tagged me with a meme to tell you eight things you don’t know about me. Hmmm, haven’t I written it all down somewhere in one of my blogs? But here goes:
1) I eloped to Arizona to marry the guy that thirty-four years later I am still hitched to. ( Read that however you like). We giggled during the civil ceremony and the justice of the peace didn’t like that any. Gave us a short lecture in between the taking of vows.
2) I almost died in the last birth due to the fact that I was quite a bit older and the uterus had a hard time clamping down. But here I am- and that is no reason to fear homebirth- most women don’t have as many births as I have had and weakness due to the many hospital births I had. Now there is more info than anyone ever wanted.
3) I didn’t get my drivers license until after I was married- always walked or biked to where I had to go ( with occasional public transportation)
4) I got sent to the coatroom constantly in my first grade year- never knew just why. I also had a hard time learning to read, but made up for that later.
5) Got caught for truancy in my Senior year of high school. Not so much a bad girl as an overwhelmed girl. I paid dearly with grounding and detentions for months.
6) Was part of the Moratorium Movement in that same year.
7) I have a hot tub and feel guilty about the luxury of that.
8) I used to take beledi dance lessons ( um bellydance….)