I haven’t made the appointment, but I was told, gravely, that I must get some surgery on my right eye. I have already had two SLT‘s that did not take care of the problem, along with one trial of a new medication which also was not sufficiently capable of taking down the pressure. And I have suffered some vision loss in that eye.
I know I need the new surgery, but without insurance I will need to pay $3,000.00 for the thing to get done. That sound you hear? me gulping. So I have postponed setting up the appointment until I can save up some cash to cover this. Not complaining, but trying to sort it out and face up to it.
The procedure I’m looking at getting is a new type called Canaloplasty. It sounds like the best option, and I hope I can get some good results from it once I actually make the appointment and get it done. It might affect my blogging ability at that time since there can be a long (period of several weeks is possible). If that surgery doesn’t work, then they switch to trabeculectomy, which is possible when they start out with the planned canaloplasty.